Wedding planning over the last decade has changed drastically, especially when it comes to guest involvement. In the past, a bride and groom would be more concerned with things like the menu, the music playlist to get everyone dancing and which party favors they were going to choose for their guests. Weddings have become more of an experience than just a mere ceremony and dinner celebration. Modern day couples are finding more ways to involve their wedding guests by providing them a great overall experience. If you are planning a wedding in South Florida, here are some creatives ways to entertain your wedding guests.
Before the Wedding
If you are planning a South Florida destination wedding or If you have a lot of out of town guests, then a goodie bag is a must. This will set the tone for your wedding, and guests will feel pampered. After all, who doesn’t like to get free stuff! Some common items for the welcome bags include:
- Travel size sunscreen
- Lip balm
- Snacks and mints or
- Florida themed snack or drinks
- Thank you note with some tips
- Printed Do Not Disturb Hotel Room Cards
Feel free to get creative and of course, check your budget.
South Florida is a great place to entertain people, period. You have many options from nightlife to day outings and events. Here are some cool things to do before the wedding.
- Day trip. You can take a boat trip from Bayside in Miami or find a Groupon deal for the Water Taxi in Pompano Beach or Fort Lauderdale. Maybe even a thrill boat ride for those who are more adventurous.
- Night outing. If you love live music, check out our live music events as we host quite a variety of musical tastes. Grab some drinks and have a great time with your guests. If you love to dance, then you may want to hit up downtown Fort Lauderdale or even South beach.
- Visit Iconic South Florida spots. You can hit up Wynwood Walls, the Delray Bar scene, or even Miami Beach.
- Bar hopping events. Go To Facebook and look up bar hopping events, many times, you will find many bar hopping events to choose from and even themed ones. If you love planning, then maybe you can create your wedding-themed bar-hopping event.
During Your Wedding
Fun activities. Think of fun activities, especially during the cocktail hour. Lawn games like corn hole or perhaps you can even do a big DIY Jenga game for the kids and teens. If you are not having a lot of kids, you can create a craft station to entertain the kids. Other activity ideas:
- Lawn games: Bocce, Large Dice, Photo Booth Rental. Guests always love photo booths and props.
- Candy Table
- Fun Music game to get the crowd dancing
- Create a custom snap chat filter
- Board Game station
- College drinking game
- Mad Libs for wedding advice
- Bride and groom trivia
After Your Wedding
Who says the wow factor needs to stop once your wedding is over? Social media allows for wedding bliss to continue. You can make a slideshow of your favorite wedding photos and tag your guests then ask then to share with their friends as well. People love it when their photos are taken and shared. This makes them feel special. You can also host an after-party or beach day for those that will still be in town. Overall there are many great activities for wedding guests here in South Florida.